Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Add a little color to your bed!

It is cold and wintry up here in the northeast - we are in the midst of clearing out about 10 inches of snow that just fell.  It seems that there are a lot of areas that are experiencing the same.   But if you are looking for a little something to beat the winter blahs - here is just the thing for you.

My newest pattern is featured in the March/April 2014 issue of McCall's Quilting - SOUND CHECK.   (By the way - I just love the lava lamp on the bedside table)

photo courtesy of McCall's Quilting


This quilt was inspired by an antique quilt.  I took a traditional Mennointe/Amish quilt aesthetic and updated it a bit.  As they used the colors that were in the fabrics they had on hand - I did something similar - just that my fabrics are a bit more contemporary to our day.

photo courtesy of McCall's Quilting

McCall's is offering a kit that features the Kona Solids that I used for the quilt.  BUY IT NOW. This quilt goes together quick and easy with simple strip piecing. I think it would also look great downsized a bit as a throw.



I hope you enjoy this new quilt.  Sign-up for my e-newsletter to stay abreast of new patterns and other news from Big Rig Quilting. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Stop back to visit my blog tomorrow for a look at the quilt that inspired this one - and for alternate design ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Very Cool!! I love how you (they) staged it as a "boy" quilt and that it totally works, even with all the pink. Great job and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors and wish I had this kind of talent but I am very much a novice. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete